Radiant Health & Happiness – Home Series
This is the “advanced” offering for Energy of Mind Therapy online services in terms of commitment. However, it is totally suitable for beginners and those already involved in “inner work” alike. This series delivers the “total package” of personal transformation: working on all levels of body; energy; and mind. You will learn Ayurvedic wisdom regarding food, sleep, routine, etc along mantra practice, yoga postures, breath work and visualizations combined psychological applications specific to your life.
Due to the more detailed nature of this series, a more detailed overview of the philosophy guiding it is given first as introduction, with details of the programmatic offerings below.
It is said that the main source of our suffering is our attachment to our personal stories, which we have been forming about ourselves since our birth. “5 Element Therapy” is employed to help us alleviate these attachments and not take things so personally. For example, from our normal psychological perspective: we say, “I am angry.” “I” is identified as “angry.” And, “I” have all sorts of stories – usually of victim-stance – as to why “I am angry.” Perhaps it is because I did not get my needs met when I was a baby, so I was conditioned to seek relationships in which my partner neglects me and with seeming good reason this makes me angry. However, from a more natural view we aren’t so interested in what happened then, we are dealing with what happens now – and this is the key to health and happiness.
By no means do we wish to belittle the importance of our youth, or be uncompassionate towards our inevitably difficult circumstances. But, it is simply MOST EFFECTIVE to drop the psychological stories that harden our identity in problematic ways and see through a less fresh perspective. This way, we can actually have the space and capacity to work with our current situation – our ENERGY – rather than being overwhelmed by the torrent of “causes and effects” that lead us to where we are now.
With the 5 Element model we can take all the pressure off of identifying ourselves as anxious, depressed, angry, jealous, etc. But, we also recognize that the beautiful challenge of life is that letting go of the pressure does not mean letting go of our responsibility. We are the only ones who are responsible for our own experience of health and happiness.
The 5 Elements are the building blocks of reality – EVERYTHING is comprised of a combination of these elements. We can say that these 5 Elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Wind and Space are before the “periodic table of the elements”. Thus, these 5 Elements are also before our conditioned minds and stories about ourselves. By accessing these Elements, and harmonizing them in our experience, we put ourselves in touch with our most basic and natural condition.
This means we are naturally and inherently stable and confident (Earth when balanced), content and connected (Water when balanced), luminous and joyful (Fire), dynamic and smooth (Wind) and accepting and loving (Space). Just as much as gravity is an unseen law that is very much real in our lives, so too, is the law of the Balance of the 5 Elements – such harmony automatically reveals radiant health and happiness. And, conversely, is it only natural that when the 5 Elements are out of balance we will automatically have an experience of discomfort and dis-ease.
This Series will include:
1. A comprehensive intake questionnaire.
2. Eight one-on-one phone/skype sessions with an Energy of Mind Therapy counselor.
3. Written and oral in depth instruction on each of the Five Elements, building week by week for easy assimilation, including:
- General overview of the theory
- Therapeutic application to the client’s specific life
- Foods that balance/imbalance each element
- Daily routine habits that balance/imbalance each element
- Yoga postures that balance each element
- Breathing exercises that balance the elements
- Chanting/visualizations that balance each element
4. Tailored plan for living, including
- Daily routine
- Specific therapeutic application
5. Two free email consultations after receiving life plan in order to refine, ask questions etc.
6. Optional (at additional cost) continuation of phone/skype sessions
* All in all, this is an extremely complete and holistic offering. It covers all the basis of life, and gives real tools to effect real change. The client and counselor will work together to make a regime that fits with the client’s life and that can be reasonably committed to. Then, it is only a matter of application and time before one sees the desirable results of increased health and happiness, a sense of ease, contentment, joy, gratitude, confidence and inspiration.
* Enrollment based on availability in Yogi’s schedule.